Sunday, November 13, 2011

Welcome to our Troop Website!

Hi everyone! This is our new troop website/blog. This website was created not only as an information portal for our troop but also to have a place where the girls can eventually star as guest "bloggers". I will post pictures, updates on patch/badge earning, meeting information and Girl Scout announcements here. This website will not be public, it will be for our Girls Scouts and their families to view. If you would like to follow the website, you can sign up to be a "follower" as well. You can invite your extended family members to follow the blog too. If you do not want to become a follower, you will be notified of updates via email. The website will replace the meeting and informational emails I send out before and after meetings and events! A few things you will find here:

  • Upcoming Events List
  • Troop Members and Leader information
  • Important troop, service unit and GSUSA information and links
  • Troop Google Calendar with the entire year posted
  • Snack and parent host schedule
  • Girl Scout Promise and Law
  • Troop specific information such as troop philosophy, etc.

I am very excited to finally have a website up and running. I've wanted to do this since Daisies and I finally had the time to create and maintain it with my new work schedule! If you have any suggestions for additions to this site, please feel free to contribute. I would also love to have a parent as the occasional guest blogger!

Jen Allen

1 comment:

Jen Barth said...

Awesome blog! Thanks for being so organized!!