Hi everyone!
I hope you had a very relaxing and joyous Thanksgiving. I know most kids will not be so happy when the alarm goes off tomorrow morning!
This Wednesday is our Ice Skating Field Trip! We will depart Pioneer at 1:45ish and head to Vacaville Ice Sports: 551 Davis Street, Vacaville, CA 95688. (707) 455-0225. I only have one confirmed driver and that's Stacey, Chloe's mom. Please let me know if you can drive. We should be back in Davis no later than 3:45. The girls will be dropped off at home by their driver so please have someone home at that time. ALL PERMISSION SLIPS ARE DUE TO JEN BARTH TOMORROW!
We are solidifying our December schedule a bit and need your input! Originally the girls were going to participate in the Amazing Harmonatras performance on December 4th. The cost is a bit high for the event ($15 per girl), so I'd like to find out how many of you think your girls would be interested in going to the Girl Scout Holiday Boutique. The boutique is on Sunday, December 11th. It's very similar to the Davis Art Center kids gift bazaar. Each girl can bring money and buy gifts for their loved ones, friends and even themselves. Items range between $.50 to $5. Recommended amount of money to bring is $10. The girls will earn a patch for their vest and also get an idea if next year, they would like to participate in the boutique by making and selling items! From what I gather at the leader meeting, this is an event they definitely don't want to miss!
Whether or not the girls decide to go to the boutique or participate in the Harmonatras, the activity takes the place of one meeting in December. Our last meeting in December (and for 2011) is on December 14th when we'll do our Holiday Tea. Tamra has been kind enough to offer to help put together a formal tea for the girls. We will have lessons in manners and also do a cookie exchange. Each girl will bring a dozen homemade cookies to swap.
Last, but not least, we will be putting together a troop donation drive headed by Kirsten Wold. Details on that will be forthcoming.
Please respond as soon as possible regarding the field trip, your vote on December events and action items above. Below are flyers of interest: Nutcracker 2011 tickets, Girl Scouts WICKED ticket availability, and December Horse events.




1 comment:
I couldn't vote, though I logged in. We are yes on the Harmonatras, no on the Girl Scout boutique.
Very nice blog! As always, your efforts are very appreciated, Jen.
Post a Comment