Hi everyone!The Troop 1949 calendar for 2012-2013 can be downloaded here. Please read it carefully and make note of significant dates on your family calendar. As many of you know, the process for scheduling council activities is hit or miss and scheduled by lottery. I was very aggressive this year in signing up for as many activities (as well as the same activity on multiple dates) as I thought we could manage as a troop. I usually don’t find out whether or not we are in until two weeks prior and then sometimes I don’t hear anything at all or the event is cancelled. The process can be frustrating in trying to schedule drivers, etc.For that reason, the procedure we will follow this year is:
- I’ve put all the dates for every activity I signed up for on the calendar. In the event we get into an event, it usually but not always means we will cancel the meeting for that week. Exceptions are the Holiday Boutique, which is a sure thing and/or when the activity takes place on a non-meeting week.
- I will cancel the meeting if: the activity is on or close to a regular meeting date or if everyone’s schedules permit the majority of the girls to attend the troop activity.
- This year’s caveat: If you RSVP that you will attend and then when the date comes up you have another conflicting activity, you will be required to reimburse the troop for the money paid for your daughter to attend the event. No exceptions!
- If you commit to a Girl Scout Activity, we ask that you please honor the commitment. Otherwise we have issues with cancellations, penalties and problems with having enough drivers.
ALL dates on the calendar are subject to change based on scheduling, availability of activities, etc. Please see the troop blog (and sign up for updates!) for the latest information: http://gstroop1949.blogspot.comSnack Note: In the event we cancel the meeting where you have snack, your family will have a pass. We may call upon you if we need a snack for a field trip, etc. If you are unable to have snack duty on the day you were assigned, please trade with another family.Last but not least...I will need a parent volunteer at every meeting starting November 4th, so please review the calendar and email me date(s) and time(s) you are available. Without two adults we cannot hold our meetings.I also really really need a craft parent who I can delegate the craft prep to. This would be a huge help and is a time gobbler for me in addition to my other duties.Now that it's all down on paper, I am very excited for this year!!Jen
Thursday, October 25, 2012
A Brownie Calendar --Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment